If you have shin splints, you may notice:

Tenderness, soreness or pain along the inner part of your lower leg
Mild swelling

At first, the pain may stop when you stop running or exercising. Eventually, however, the pain may be continuous.

When to see a doctor
Consult your doctor if rest, ice and over-the-counter pain relievers don't ease your shin pain. Your primary care doctor may refer you to an orthopedist. Seek prompt medical care if:

Severe pain in your shin follows a fall or accident

Your shin is hot and inflamed

Swelling in your shin seems to be getting worse

Shin pain persists during rest
Comments: 0